Thank you for your interest in working at Twisted Vine Brewery. We are currently seeking a part-time Taproom Pub Tender. Candidates for this position will be evaluated as they apply and any updates on hiring will be posted on this page. Please submit your application using the form below and send us your resume and references to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Position Posted 06/02/2019
Taproom Pub Tender
PART TIME POSITION 15 – 30 hours/week
A vital part of our business, the taproom is many times the first place that people experience our beers. Given this, we are very passionate about our customers having a truly first-rate experience — from the service they receive, to the beers they drink, to the space they drink it in. We believe the atmosphere and quality of product in our facility must be exceptional, consistent, and also innovative so as to keep our customer base growing and coming back.
The TVB Taproom Pub Tender will contribute to the daily operations of the taproom and assist the TVB taproom lead and taproom manager in providing a positive customer experience to our patrons.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Expertly serving craft beers.
- With training, maintain a thorough understanding of all TVB craft beer products and be able to communicate this knowledge effectively to customers.
- Handling cash and credit transactions; possibly tracking cash flow and opening/closing cash drawers at beginning and end of shift.
- Greeting guests and providing exceptional, friendly customer service.
- Following all TVB taproom procedures and protocols.
- Working as a team member with fellow Pub Tenders.
- Following procedures for opening and/or closing taproom.
- Following direction given by taproom manager and/or lead.
- Assisting TVB taproom manager with special events, promotions, and private parties.
- Maintaining cleanliness of taproom.
- Following TVB guidelines for glass washing and food handling.
- Maintaining regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Skills required and/or desired:
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Team oriented, adaptable, and dependable.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and occasionally Holidays.
- Ability to open or close taproom up to 1 – 2 hours before or after standard operating hours.
- Passion for craft beer and the brewing industry.
- Prior Pub Tender / Bar Tender experience.
- Knowledge of craft beer styles.
SHIFT: Rotating Days and Evenings
LOCATION: West Des Moines, Iowa